Happy Friday everyone! In the "what would you like to see" survey posted a few giveaways ago, an overwhelming number of you requested I do more haul posts. I tend to buy things in little bits here and there - with free shipping or affordable rush shipping, it's easy to place several orders as I think about things rather than do a larger one-time haul. Sometimes I'll see something in store and decide to wait and think about it and then a few days later I decide to buy it. July was a very pricey and spendy month due to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I already did two haul posts on my picks (here and here) - since it only happens once a year and there were so many good exclusives/value sets I could justify the extra haul. I also found a lot of little things at Sephora so I've combined my recent picks into a haul post.
Up first are Nordstrom picks, some are non-sale items:
My Nordstrom hauls, mostly from online orders:
- Antica Farmacista Santorini Reed Diffuser - I discovered the Acqua Reed Diffuser as shown in this home luxuries post and fell in love. Several of you told me there were a number of options on sale at Nordstrom. I bought five variations of the 8.5 oz version. I haven't opened any of them yet - for those who use these, do you use one at a time completely before opening another one? Unlike candles, I suspect you can use for a little bit and store away since the reeds become completely soaked with the oils?
- Antica Farmacista Reed Diffuser in Bergamot and Ocean Aria because I love the body cream version of this scent.
- Ivanka Trump Ellyn Lace Up Sandals in Rich Chestnut suede are super comfortable and I found them to be true to size. The color is just a tiny bit darker than the stock photo but very close, heel is at 2.5 inches which makes them easy to walk in and 100% pain-free (at least for me).
- Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powder in Telluride is actually something I ordered from Sephora, but accidentally put it with the Nordstrom haul, it's a luminous soft pink with a very pearly finish, full review next week.
- Louboutin Loubilaque in Akenana and Bikini (not on sale), based on the good performance I saw with the Rouge Louboutin Loubilaque, I decided to order a few other shades, I haven't tested them on my lips yet because I swatched a number of other lip products the past couple of days and one item ruined my lips so I'm waiting for them to rebalance/recover.
- YSL Vinyl Lip Cream in 404, 407 and 412 are items I was really excited to try. I adore the Glossy Stains (reviewed here and here) and a cream version just sounded like a dream come true. 407 and 412 worked perfectly like a lightweight stain but in creamy form. 404 gave me a WTF moment - it was extremely streaky and for some reason turned my bottom lip bright red, almost like a reaction but there was no tingle, sting or odd feeling. It's now about 24 hours after I lip swatched it and my lip is still red. I tried makeup remover, cleanser and a very gentle rub with a washcloth - it's the oddest thing!
- Vince Camuto Drape Front Blazer is something I stalked the web for the anniversary sale, it went out of stock in Size 0 and 2 but restocked. I've been searching for a white blazer for a long time and this has a drapey flowy fabric that feels comfortable. It's a tiny bit long in the arms for me, but fits the shoulders well - it will need minor alterations for me, but I really like it.
- Vince Camuto Feina Booties are items I ordered as well, my local store was sold out, but they found them for me and had them shipped to my home. This is the first time I've tried Vince Camuto boots so I don't know how they size compared to other styles. The sales associate recommended I size down since in her experience they run big. Size 6 fits like a glove with room for thin socks.
- Hudson Nico Ankle Super Skinny Jeans are very comfortable and they fit like a glove. The fabric is thick enough to be sturdy but not stiff so these feel good to wear. I'm normally one who opts for Paige, but I was really pleased with these. The raw hem gives them an edgy look. As one who is short, these are the perfect length that I don't need them hemmed.
A look at the Vince Camuto Drape Front Blazer (Size 2, for reference I'm 5'3" and 125 pounds) and Hudson Nico Ankle Jeans (Size 27, sized the same as Paige and Citizens, I go up for Frame with 28s).
More views on the blazer, for those curious about the home bits, bed is from Crate and Barrel, rug is from Pottery Barn, on the far right the reflection of the white block is an Ikea Alex unit.
Shoes, left are the Ivanka Trump Ellyn Sandals, true to size 6.5, right are the Vince Camuto Feina Booties which I bought in a 6 based on the sales associate's recommendation that they stretch out.
One more look at the Hudson Nico Jeans (top is an older style silk tee from J.Crew, shoes worn are by Stuart Weitzman which run large on me so I take these in a 6):
Up next are the Sephora haul picks:
- Sephora Play! July box contents includes minis of Benefit Dew the Hoola, Ouai Wave Spray, Smashbox Photofinish Foundation Primer, First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser, NEST Citrine Perfume and Beautyblender Blottertazzi, I have yet to try everything in last month's box, but Dew the Hoola is swatched here
- Urban Decay 24-7 Glide On Lip Pencil in Peyote is a cool-toned neutral pink with a tiny bit of shimmer, it's a great light pinky color that does last a long time
- Bare Minerals GEN NUDE Radiant Lipstick in Strip is a medium nude pink beige - finally balmy glossy lipsticks that have pigment! I picked up two shades (yes, they look almost identical) and love love love the way these feel and look, they're effortless kinds of nude with the feel of Chanel Rouge Coco Shines but more pigment.
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Trance is a gorgeous pinky mauve shimmer, formula feels a bit thick and dry without a base but it does stay put on the lips, I'll need to experiment more with bases on this one. It's not drying, it just looks a bit dry if that makes sense.
- Bare Minerals GEN NUDE Radiant Lipstick in Honeybun is a nude beige tan cream.
- Formula X Color Curators in Makeup by Rose XOXO Edition in Mahhveous Rose, Puffin! and Acoustick Dreams, these look gorgeous for fall, I'll have swatches of all three shades soon.
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Foundation in Nude which is one shade darker than Warm Ivory but too dark for my skintone. Warm Ivory is a better match, but if I mix both shades the match is a 100% exact match.
- Kat Von D Lock-It Creme Concealer in M19 and M27 - I matched myself in store and can't believe I braved using a tester on my face in store. When I applied it my skin was a bit dewy as it was late afternoon and hot. It blended to a flawless finish so I bought two shades. When I got home and tested it the following days I found it looked cakey and patchy under eyes on my regular skin. I'm still testing with other eye creams and primers as a base to see how best to make it work. I'm not ruling it out quite yet, I'm determined to put it to the full test as I really like her foundation.
- Becca Champagne Splits in Flowerchild and Champagne Pop - by this point I have Champagne Pop in all the forms possible and I do think it's a bit overkill. The individual powder and poured cream (both swatched here) are my favorites. I definitely did not need it in a split pan with a blush, but what can I say - I think we all get sucked in sometimes by pretty packaging.
- NARS Sculpting Multiple Duos in all three options, review to follow as soon as I can!
- Formula X The System Xcel is something that just popped up online, I already own and use the original System (reviewed here a while ago), the Xcel set is designed for a gel-effect so I'm curious to see how it compares to the original!
- Beauty Insider Points minis
Lip picks swatched:
I won't be reviewing everything in this haul in a separate posts, so here are lip swatches for reference. The Bare Minerals GEN Nude Matte Liquid Lipstick in Swag was one of the Beauty Insider minis (love the color, not a fan of the matte finish). Above Bare Minerals Strip and Honeybun look identical, on the lips you can see the difference. If you click to enlarge the photo you can see how patchy YSL 404 applied on my lips, especially on the lower lip.
All the Kat Von D Lock-It Creme Concealer shades swatched, if you're NARS Ginger the closest match is M25 and M27:
That concludes my haul picks from July from Nordstrom and Sephora. There are still a few more days left for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (prices go back up Aug 8th). I'm hosting one last giveaway for the summer and giving away three $100 eGift Cards. The selected winners will have a choice of getting an e-gift card to either Nordstrom or Sephora. Details:
Enter via the widget below, there are several ways to enter:
- You must be 18 years or older
- Open internationally
- Three distinct winners will be selected at random via Rafflecopter
- Winners will be selected at random on Sunday afternoon and contacted via e-mail by me
- If you're a selected winner you must send me a response confirming within 48 hours or another winner will be selected, prizes will be sent by the following business day
a Rafflecopter giveaway