Several have e-mailed me asking what I bought from Sephora for the VIB Rouge/VIB 20% off sale which ends tonight at 11:59 PM PST online. I went in store last week with a list of items I wanted to restock. I should have ordered items online because I tend to get easily distracted in store, but it is always fun to play with the items and see them in person.
What I picked up:
- Shiseido Eyelash Curler - I used this many years ago, the design appears different from I remember it to be, but I'm not 100% sure if it has changed. I've heard good things about this one (the Chanel artists I buy from say they buy the Shiseido ones). I've decided to give it another try.
- Formula X Delete Nail Polish Remover - I've gone through another bottle and needed to replenish. (Review here.)
- Phytojoba Shampoo - this is my all time favorite shampoo, I haven't repurchased in a while, but the sale seemed like a perfect time to buy a replacement.
- Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment - this is a replenishment purchase. One jar has lasted me since the August summer surge event and I really like this mask for clearing up the skin. I find it super effective at drawing out dirt. It is gentle enough for my sensitive skin. I bought it back in August because a friend recommended it as the best one out of all the Glamglow masks, I haven't tried them all yet, but I really like it.
- Glamglow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment - this is something I tried 2-3 years ago. I received a sample but the tingle sensation really freaked me out so I removed it immediately and ended up giving my jar to a friend. I received a small sample packet that I tried again recently and found the tingly (slightly burning) sensation disappeared after 30 seconds and didn't cause a bad reaction like I had expected. The skin was left with a tighter feel and felt refreshed. I will have to do more testing to compare the two masks, but this one works well for me too.
- Bite Beauty Mix N'Mingle Lip Mini Lush Fruit Lip Gloss in Papaya - this was an impulse buy I picked up while waiting in the checkout line. It was too cute to pass up. I contemplated the larger Mix N'Mingle Set too but decided to wait.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Twinkle Pop in Volver and Au Revoir - both are cream shadow sticks that come in a twist up tube. Volver is a sparkling peach and Au Revoir is a shimmering taupe. Both are very sparkly but looked really really pretty. I've played with these numerous times at Sephora but never caved. I'll have a review after testing these over the next few days.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics - After I did a feature on my Urban Decay favorites, many of my readers insisted that I check out the Urban Decay Naked Basics. I decided to give this a try because of so many raves. I'll have a report as soon as I have it tested. It does look promising.
- NARS Tasmania Lip Gloss - This was an "oops" buy. I already own this color but did not remember that I did. (Swatched here.) Not a problem though, I have a friend I know who will take this off my hands happily.
- Dior Addict Fluid Stick in Vertigo - This is a gift for my mom. She likes brighter colors, this is a mix of plum and fuchsia and pink which is right up her alley.
- Urban Decay Urban Obsessions 500 Point Perk - this palette has four shadows in Skimp, Bust, Guilt and Oil Slick with a mini Zero Pencil. I believe it was available online as well to redeem points for but I just checked and didn't see it.
What I also thought about but didn't pick up: Beautyblenders, NARS Virtual Domination palette and a couple more of the Dior Rouge Baumes (first round of picks and swatches here). I have them sitting in my virtual shopping cart online, I'm going to probably pass and think about them some more.
If you're shopping online, the sale ends tonight at 11:59 PM PST, use code GIFTROUGE at checkout if you're VIB Rouge or code GIFTVIB if you're a VIB.
Did you buy anything during the Sephora sale? I'd love to hear about your picks!