Many have asked what my skintone is, so I thought I'd swatch all the foundations I currently use. Just be warned that my skin is odd - all the foundations you will see are slightly different in undertone/shade so you may wonder "which is her true match? how can all those shades work for her?" The answer is that my skin is just weird. Most blend out for natural coverage so the shades are more forgiving than a full coverage foundation.
I'm Asian and my skintone is medium with golden/olive tones, usually the 3rd-4th shade from the lightest color, but I usually find it a challenge to find an exact match and typically fall in between shades. Many times I will have two shades to mix and blend depending on how pale or tanned I am.
These are my foundations, left to right:
- Chanel Hydramax+ Active Teint 10 Sable-Sand (blends out very sheer)
- Chanel Lift Lumiere 30 Cendre 2.5
- Chanel Teint Innocence 30 Shell 1.5 (my holy grail foundation)
- Chanel Teint Innocence 40 Beige 2.0 (my holy grail for summer time)
- Chanel Teint Innocence Compact 40 Beige 2.0
- Armani Lasting Silk 5.5
- Armani Lasting Silk 6.5 (currently mix 5.5 with 6.5)
- Armani Luminous Silk 5.5 (use in summertime)
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 Natural Radiance
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 Warm Radiance (use in summertime)
- Paul & Joe Moisturizing Compact Foundation 30 (a bit light for my skin)
- Paul & Joe Light Cream S Foundation 40 (a bit dark, but I mix this with a pale luminizer, doesn't apply as dark as the swatch looks for me)
- Nars Sheer Glow in Punjab
No flash, natural light:
Right now I'm loving Chanel Teint Innocence in Shell and also Paul & Joe's Light Cream 40 mixed with Laura Mercier's Natural Radiance Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer.
I always set with a powder. My favorites are Laura Mercier Translucent Loose, Laura Mercier Beige Loose, Chanel DPF Tender Beige, Armani Microfil Loose 02.
My skin is sensitive but normal.