Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Thursday, June 20, 2013
Sunday, May 5, 2013
- Tory Burch Brigette Cosmetic Bags ($78) are bright, colorful and sturdy
- Diptyqye Candles ($60) never fail for a nice simple yet luxurious gift as an add-on
- Chanel Lilis Le Vernis ($27) is the perfect shade for spring-summer
- West Elm Favorite Throw ($29, on special for $23 now) comes in a variety of shades
- Jo Malone Osmanthus Blossom ($60 for 1 oz) is soft, floral and refreshing
- Aerin Rose Hand and Body Cream ($40) is bound to be a hit with the pretty pink and gold packaging
- Tory Burch Alora Flat Thong Sandals ($125) are nice classics with a punch of coral
- Edward Bess Lipsticks ($32) are my mom's favorite, the new shade in Endless Dream looks perfect
Thursday, March 21, 2013
- Diptyque Candles ($28 to $60 for the clear jars) are among my favorite candles. I've burned through Baies and Figuier several times over and the jars are easily recyclable into beautiful brush or pen holders. These days I'm always have a candle burning while I'm at home whether it's Diptyque, Henri Bendel, Jo Malone or something else new. I've never tried the Wick Trimer yet, but figured it's about time I purchase one. Do any of you have experiences with candle trimmers?
- Chanel Top Coat ($26) is a staple glossy must-have that extends the life of my manicures that doesn't cause shrinkage. Mine lasted several years but just started to thicken (I think I didn't close the lid tightly enough with the last few uses). I need to replenish.
- Dior has re-vamped their Addict Glosses ($29.50) once again. I need Nuit Boreale because it looked so gorgeous on Makeup and Beauty Blog (although it's probably an existing shade re-incarnated with a different name).
- NARS Satin Lip Pencils ($25 each) have been all the rage. I love how they look on Café Makeup and Temptalia. I already own Isola Bella, a gorgeous nude-pink and love it. I need a few more of the neutrals. These look like an easy goof-proof throw-it-on kind of pencil.
Thursday, November 22, 2012
Saturday, September 29, 2012
For quick reference - packages that shipped (since my fingers will be slow to type out all the d/c tracking numbers), listed in alphabetical order by first name:
Friday, September 28, 2012
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Currently loving ...
- Empty/used Diptyque candles as brush and pen holders (inspired by home decor ideas on Cupcakes and Cashmere and as seen on Jen Brill's Top Shelf via Into The Gloss)
- Small but beautiful gifts, such as the Chanel Camelia bookmark sent as a gift by the Nordstrom Seattle Chanel counter (thank you!)
- Dior Bikini Nail Lacquer as the perfect spring-to-summer coral (swatched a few days ago)
- OPI NYC Ballet Collection, such beautiful sheers that give a perfect polished look, I'm still hunting for 3 of the shades since my local Ulta was sold out (see swatches of all shades on Scrangie)
- Guerlain's Pucci Summer Bronzer (sneak peek on The Non-Blonde and Temptalia)
- Frédéric Malle's Carnal Flower perfume (debating the small vials set or a full bottle)
- Chanel's upcoming summer release (one of each please!)
- Makeup and Beauty Blog shares swatches of MAC Right Image which equals the perfect pale pink (want and need this!)
- Café Makeup has genius beauty organization ideas
- Atlantic-Pacific is my latest fashion crush
- Sneak peek into Sterling Style's bag (lovely blog and the PS1 zip pouch is so chic)
- This is Glamorous compiles the prettiest home decor inspiration posts
Monday, November 28, 2011
What's the best skincare out there? The right skincare will depend on a variety of things like skin-type, sensitivity issues, age among a number of other things. I've always felt less is more when it comes to skincare but as I age, my perceptions have changed. These days I use a mixture of Cle de Peau (gentle cleanser and eye cream), Koh Gen Do (masks, cleansing water, massage milk, gommage) Le Metier (peau vierge day cream and cleanser) and La Mer (toner). I would never tell anyone that this is the mixture of things to use - skincare is so personal, no two people are alike. What works for me most likely won't work the same for you. Some people like gel cleansers, others like ones that foam up. My only advice is that finding the right skincare will take time: lots of research, trial and error, if samples are available then the testing will be easier.
Saturday, September 10, 2011
- Bobbi Brown has started her own blog, see a sneak peek of her holiday palette here
- Law Fashionista shows us bits of Fashion's Night Out in London
- All Lacquered Up shares FNO in NY with Essie and CND
- Rouge Deluxe previews Dior Holiday 2011 for us
- Beauty Moogle has the Dior Mitzah Quint swatched
- Get Lippie has me drooling over Tom Ford's Silver Topaz quad
- Karla Sugar has the entire new Tom Ford Lipstick line swatched
Thursday, September 8, 2011
- Le Métier de Beauté Sample Packets of the new Revitalizing Anti-Aging Day Creme (one packet took me through an entire week and I brought 2 with me)
- La Mer Travel Size Cleansing Gel (not photographed)
- Lancome Travel Size Cleansing Water
- Cotton Pads & Q-tips
- Mini packets of Chanel Vitalumiere Aquas (not shown because they were tossed after use)
- Chanel Powder Foundation in Tender Bisque
- Cle de Peau Concealer in Beige
- Edward Bess Daydream Bronzer
- Edward Bess Afterglow Highlighter
- Chanel Espiegle Blush
- Chanel Beiges Highlighter
- Hourglass Primer
- Mini brushes (an assortment, yes way too many but I just grabbed a bunch and tossed them into my bag)
- Two eyelash curlers from Chanel and Le Metier (because I did not realize I grabbed both)
- Laura Mercier Platinum Metallic Eye Creme
- Dior Summer 2011 Quints in Nude Tan and Rosy Tan
- Mini Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara (not photographed)
- An assortment of eyeliners from Le Métier de Beauté, D&G and Chanel
- Le Métier de Beauté Cannes Lipgloss
- Chanel Aragonite Glossimer (Spring 2011)
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Fetiche and Biarritz
- Mini L'Artisan travel vial with Jo Malone Earl Grey Cologne
Friday, August 19, 2011
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
- Fab Over Forty shares a preview of the new Dior 3 Couleurs Smoky Eye Shadow Palettes
- Notes From My Beauty Life has some gorgeous photos and swatches of some Chanel Rouge Allure Velvets in #38 La Fascinante, #32 La Ravissante & #34 La Raffinee
- Sophy Robson tweeted a sneak peek of the new Le Vernis shades in Rose Caché, Rose Exubérant & Pirate
- Glamour Russia has a gorgeous video via YouTube of the new smoky blue quad from Chanel's Sophisticated Eye Collection, the video isn't in English but the application is just beautiful! (I believe the one in the video is the Euro Version, see the US Version on Cafe Makeup)
Hope you're having a great week!
Friday, August 12, 2011
Currently reading ...
- Parisian Chic by Ines de la Fressange - thanks to reviews from Café Makeup & Habitually Chic!
- How Luxury Lost Its Luster by Dana Thomas - thanks to Laura R for the recommendation!
- NARS Makeup Your Mind Express Yourself - inspired to try and re-create one of the looks as shown on Karla Sugar
- Nathan Branch ... I can't narrow down just one post, his entire blog is a must-read
- J.Crew has a new blog 770/Behind the Line
- Brooklyn Blonde is another must-read for inspiration
- Kendi Everyday mixes and matches (love everything!)
- Into the Gloss interviews Jessica Stam to see what's on her top shelf
- Cute and Mundane does a lovely feature on NARS Luxor Multiple
- The Ultimate Makeup gives a lovely preview of Le Metier de Beaute's Silk Road Nail Polishes
Monday, August 8, 2011
- You discover new things: I've discovered new blogs and vlogs. People I follow will often re-tweet content they find interesting to spread the word. I find these extremely helpful (most of the time). I've also discovered new blogs from people following me and tweeting interesting news.
- You can keep track of what's up and coming: I've learned new things from various store or brand Tweets such as upcoming releases, events and apperances.
- Meet new people: There are brand managers, editors, artists, designers, company founders on Twitter. It's interesting to read what they are loving right now!
- Track the brands you love: If you are a Sprinkles Cupcakes fan like me, you can find out where their SprinklesMobile is headed next by following them on Twitter @sprinklesmobile!
- Get advice fast: Several months ago, my dog ate my NARS Angelika Multiple and I freaked (after all, a NARS multiple is like the equivalent of maybe 4 full sized lipsticks?). I called the vet who assured me it was ok as long as she didn't eat any of the plastic. Still in major panic mode while on the phone, I tweeted this to see if anyone else had a dog who ate their makeup. Sure enough people tweeted me back to reassure me I had no need to worry.
@NathanBranch of Nathan Branch gives us the latest news on the luxury markets & is my go-to source on fragrance news alerts
5 Aug - Luxury & Fashion Biz News: http://bit.ly/oPX1Vt - Luxury is back in the black, Annick Goutal changes hands, and the emergence of the DIY.
@PerilouslyPale of Perilously Pale has the funniest tweets
30 July - Well it's official. Hubby now knows I have a blog.
@the_non_blonde of The Non-Blonde has tweets just as wonderful as her blog posts (yes for me on this!)
4 Aug - All the naps I resisted and fought as a little girl? I'll take them now, please and thank you.
@CafeMakeup of Cafe Makeup's tweeted what she's loving/wearing right now (love her updates)
3 Aug - @rzrachelzoe Loving Chanel Quartz for Fall--a metallic fawn--very complex and pretty http://twitpic.com/60ejxj
@KarlaSugar Karla Sugar tweets new beauty news and shows pics (love her extra tidbits of news)
2 Aug - AND @MetierBeaute is coming out w/ a slew of nail polishes at @neimanmarcus as holiday stockingstuffers. Hope Chrome Passion is one of them!
@naturalNchicmak snapped a photo of Armani Fall 2011 at the counters (instant gratification for me while I wait for it to arrive in Southern California)
6 Aug - Armani fall collection: http://yfrog.com/kh8xeumrj
@BTiBeauty lets us know as soon as the newest items arrive instore!
3 Aug - Actually, all of the Aquarelles de Chanel Collection collection arrived @neimanmarcus Tysons Galleria today. Located all of it in shipment.
Also courtesy of Nathan Branch, here's an interesting article on Twitter and Brands (see it here).
If you want to share why or why not or other thoughts, please do so in the comments, thanks!
Saturday, June 4, 2011
- A hot peach or orange for tips or toes: my picks are Chanel Miami Peach, Dior Aloha and Rescue Beauty Lounge Coral
- Something fun and different: my picks are Chanel Riva (here and here), Mimosa and Black Pearl
- Something pale and neutral: my picks are Chanel Django, D&G Nude, Chanel Jade Rose (here and here)
- Something sophisticated like a vampy plum or drop-dead red: my picks include Rococo Reissue, Rococo Brocade, Chanel Dragon and NARS Chinatown
- Girly feminine pinks: my picks are Dior Flapper Pink (here and here), Chanel Morning Rose (here too) and Chanel Rose Insolent
The inside my new Chanel feature will be posted sometime later this week.
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Also, this past month, another birthday occurred and I am no longer a twenty-something. I have been beyond spoiled with so much. The best was a surprise birthday dinner from my family: specially catered with delicious food, wine and cakes and a fun How-Well-Do-You-Know-Sabrina-Trivia-Game. We had an evening full of laughs.
I had a few other birthday outings with close friends (and a couple more to come soon) and I was spoiled with beautiful flowers, thoughtful gifts, delicious dinners - all of which made turning 30 so much more fun (and less painful) than I had expected.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Peppermint Bark Cookies (also on sale at Williams-Sonoma now), so addicting and scrumptious: the perfect midnight snack and I'm not even a peppermint fan
Monday, December 13, 2010
When did you start blogging and why? It started with a hard-to-find brand called Le Métier de Beauté. I'm curious by nature and when I noticed something new on neimanmarcus.com I googled the brand, but I could find no reviews or real photos anywhere about their products (except their mascara). I took a risk and ordered some glosses sight unseen over the phone. I was very nervous spending $30+ a tube on something I never had seen before, but I fell in love! Karen at Makeup and Beauty Blog was asking for guest writers at the time and she published my first blog review! She was so supportive and I had so much fun I was inspired to start my own. I hoped that in writing about my discoveries and featuring comparisons, other women would be able to get a better idea of what a certain product looked like rather than relying on over-the-phone descriptions or sketchy online retail swatches.
Every blog seems to carry a special voice. What's your special message on your blog? The main focus is on the things I like; high-end luxury brands, some hard-to-find brands, a few outfit features here and there. I try to feature things in a new and creative way, such as my color-focus features or monthly highlights.
Have you always been a beauty fanatic or did it come later in life and what made it blossom? At the age of 2 - I was a beauty disaster (aka every mother's nightmare). I would pour shampoo down the toilet, twist up my mother's lipsticks and smash them, and draw all over the wall with beauty products. I once cut my mother's hair while she was napping! At age 4 I cut my 2 year old sister's hair when my dad was "babysitting" us. Of course I don't remember any of this, but apparently I had a "thing" for scissors. In my teens I only wore makeup for ballet recitals and swore I'd never wear makeup or anything pink off stage. Then I hit the age of 17 when I discovered Stila and MAC and my obsession with beauty products took off. I'm not exactly sure why the drastic change, but I went from being anti-girly to girly overnight.
Tell us a little bit about yourself. I'm 29, married, and just finished my master's degree. I currently work full-time as a finance and marketing analyst. No kids, but we have our pets (2 dogs and a cat). I enjoy baking and cooking when I have the time and like watching TV. My must-see weekly shows are 30 Rock, The Office, Fringe, Bones and The Closer.
What's your daily beauty routine? It usually takes me about 45 minutes to get ready in the mornings. I'm not a morning person, so I have to admit, sometimes I'm running out the door with only powder/foundation and finish the rest in my car at stop lights. When I do have my act together the routine is: straighten hair, wash face, prep skin with something (different every day), foundation/powder, Edward Bess highlighter or bronzer. Next comes eye makeup. I usually do the lips the last thing after breakfast or morning coffee.
How many lipsticks/glosses can be found in your handbag at any given time? Probably 4-6. There are times when I clean out my purse and find 10 different lip products. I usually throw in a couple per weekday, sometimes I forget to take the previous day's lip items out and gets out of hand.
What's the best beauty advice you've ever received? "It's just makeup, have fun, if you mess up you can always start over," from one of my favorite Chanel makeup artists.
What's the most surprising thing you have learned since starting your blog? There are good angles and bad angles for taking pictures, not just for your own face, but for products as well.