I hope everyone has been enjoying the weekend! We are having a heat wave in Southern California with temperatures in the high 80s, it's hard to imagine what fall will feel like with all this warmth. I'm working my way through some new products. I'm really excited to try the new Edward Bess Illusion Foundation and Longwear Lip & Cheek Stains. Also on my testing list have been the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipsticks, Lancome Audacity Eyeshadow Palette and the Molton Brown Ylang Ylang Collection. I'll have reviews up soon.
Several of you have asked for thoughts on the latest from Marc Jacobs Beauty, including the Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer and Re(marc)able Full Cover Foundation Concentrate. I bought the primer and acquired four mini samples of the foundation from my local Sephora. I'm still putting them to the test. I like the primer, still undecided about the foundation. Right now my preference is still for the Genius Gel Super–Charged Oil–Free Foundation (reviewed here) over the new one, but I want to give it a thorough test before I have a review posted.
A few links I've been loving this weekend:
- Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog has super exciting news!
- RAEView has a video with live swatches of 9 Louboutin Lip Colours + 1 Lipliner
- Tom Ford Eye and Cheek Shadows in Plum Ombre and Pink Ombre reviewed on Temptalia
- The Everygirl has an inspirational post of 21 Ways to Feel Better When You're Stuck in a Rut
- Into the Gloss has a roundup of the Best Beauty At NYFW S/S 2016
- Really Ree has a quick peek with some swatches of the new Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Colors
What are you loving right now? Did you end up ordering anything from the recent beauty events from Neiman Marcus, Barney's or Space NK? I'm still waiting on a couple orders - unfortunately they didn't arrive in time to post before the events ended - but I'll start testing things soon as they arrive (I ordered some new items from By Terry and Le Metier de Beaute).
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!