Today I'm sharing the lip items I ordered from Charlotte Tilbury. The items I have were from a few of her curated look sets The Rock Chick and Uptown Girl. All of her products are available individually as well so I've separated my reviews by catetory. First up is the lips which are all neutrals:
- K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Lipstick in Bitch Perfect ($32) is a medium warm rose pink, this is a medium to full coverage lipstick without any shimmer. I found the texture to be on the semi-thick side, similar to that of Tom Ford Lipsticks, but slightly drier in finish. Bitch Perfect is a lovely flattering warm nude pink shade, I think it will look nice on a number of skin tones. This one seems to be Charlotte's most popular shade. It sold out quickly with the initial launch and is on back order at several places.
- K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Lipstick in Nude Kate ($32) is a flesh cream nude. I didn't know what to expect with this shade since nudes can be hard for me to pull off. This one covers the lip almost entirely and has enough color so it doesn't wash me out. The thick creamy texture + combination of my pigmented lips isn't so great on its own and it tends to emphasize my lip lines. I need a balm underneath or a gloss on top to make this one look best on me. Still it's a really easy to wear nude I think will work on most with light to medium skin (my lips are just weirdly pigmented).
- Lip Lustre in Sweet Stiletto ($22) is a glossy cream pink. I find it matches the Bitch Perfect lipstick exactly (at least on me). It has good coverage with a slightly tacky finish, similar to that of MAC Lipglasses. The tacky finish makes these last quite long. I've found a little goes a long way which is nice since the tubes seem to be on the small side.
- Lip Lustre in Blondie ($22) is a pale pink beige with silver shimmer. It's what I wanted MAC Prrr Lipglass to be (which almost always looks white on my lips). This is such a gorgeous beige pink nude shimmer gloss. It's my favorite out of the lip items I've tried.
- Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Iconic Nude ($22) is a brown nude. It has a super creamy texture with full coverage pigment. I haven't used a lipliner in ages, but I really like the way these really hug the lips. Due to the rich pigment I like to feather this one on lightly before applying gloss or lipstick. Right now I'm not really into the full lip look with liner+lipstick+gloss simply because I find it too heavy for this hot weather. If you watch any of Charlotte Tilbury's video tutorials, you will probably find it amazing what a difference layering can make to create different looks.
- Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pink Venus ($22) is a rose pink lipliner. It's a bit brighter than Sweet Stiletto and Bitch Perfect but pretty close in tone. This one is also rich in pigment. Unless you have soft well moisturized lips, I wouldn't recommend applying this all over the lips since it will make them look overdone and dried out. This one is best when applied in a soft feathered motion to define the lips softly.
Swatches in full sunlight, no flash:
Close ups and lip swatches of the lipstick/gloss:
(No lip swatches of the lipliners, but I hope the arm swatches above help)
Since all of these colors are classic neutrals, it's likely these are very easily dupable. I do really like the color of Bitch Perfect and Blondie because the just work. There's no fixing needed to make them work for me, meaning you don't need to add any liner or gloss or color to make the color work for your skin tone (aside from prepping my lips with lip balm first).
I'm overall really happy with my lip picks. I could have skipped both of the lipliners, but have them because they were in the sets I bought. All the items have a soft vanilla scent similar in strength to MAC lipglasses and lipsticks. It's a pleasant vanilla scent that isn't too overpowering and isn't too sweet. Lasting power on the lipstick and gloss are pretty good. As long as you don't have dry flakey lips, these will look good as medium to full coverage lip items. Of course layering all three of the items together will give you a full coverage highly pigmented look. I didn't find these drying or hydrating, they felt like normal lip products on my lips.
I bought mine sight unseen but based on online swatches it looks like Charlotte Tilbury has created a number of gorgeous nudes and pinks. I am waiting to see reviews and swatches before I purchase anything else. I would like to see everything in person, but the line isn't scheduled to launch in stores until October.
Charlotte Tilbury has launched in the US at select retailers. You can find her line now at Nordstrom, Net-a-Porter, Bergdorf Goodman, Beautylish and Charlottetilbury.com.
Did you buy any of her lip product yet? What did you think? Any favorites?