I'm spilling what's inside my bag this week - as usual I have a couple small cosmetic bags or pouches to help keep makeup separated and somewhat organized from the rest of what I carry with me. Most of the purses I have tend to be open totes without dividers or pockets. I finally splurged on a Neverfull MM which has some pockets inside and comes with a flat zip pouch, but for the most part it's one of those open totes. Shown above is the Tory Burch York Cosmetic Case (also cute in red) and the Truffle Small Clarity Clutch (also available in mini and large). iPhone Case is one of the Gray Malin Lisbon prints.
- Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder in 20 which I just used up and repurchased, several of you asked if I tried the new Chanel Les Beiges Foundation and if I planned to review. I tried it at the counter and found it extremely thick and very pink. I could not find a good color match and even the sales rep said she did not recommend it.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure (reviewed here) is one of the prettiest neutral mauve pinks for the cheeks, I find myself reaching for it frequently these days.
- The more I use Becca Champagne Pop (swatches here) the more I love it. If you follow them on Instagram @beccacosmetics you have probably seen a sneak peek of one of their upcoming launches and I cannot wait!
- MustaeV Easy Go Brushes are among my favorite for on-the-go travel size, the Powder Brush is soft and fluffy and works for powder, bronzer and blush.
Skin care and hand care:
- Tatcha Indigo Hand Cream (travel size) is a go-to for calming and hydrating, the full size one is actually compact enough to carry around with me, but the small one is best for those who prefer to carry smaller bags, the entire Indigo line is really good for sensitive skin and helps calm down irritation or flare ups, they have a four piece set called the Soothing Indigo Mini Set which I highly recommend if you want to try the line in smaller sizes
- The Lotus Leaf and Camellia Mist from Peach and Lily was sent as a sample for me to try, it's hydrating and refreshing with a soft citrus scent - the mist pump dispenses a fine mist which calms the skin. I've been playing with it for a few weeks now and am obsessed.
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist (travel size) is the best-designed travel sized mist - it's been a go-to staple for a long long time, the packaging is really the best I've ever seen. If you haven't tried this you need to!
- Le Labo Santal is one of my latest discoveries (actually from a few months ago), it's not really a spring scent to me since it has sandalwood, amber and musk, but I still love it. At this time I'm still working my way through a few of the mini vials - I don't know that I love it enough to buy the full size, but I suspect it's because I'm feeling the spring to summer vibes.
- Molton Brown Hand Cream in Pink Pepperpod is probably my favorite scented hand cream of all time, I just can't get enough of the scent - I'm seriously considering buying the perfume version. If you love Molton Brown hand creams, they just launched the Dewy Lily of the Valley Star Anise which is the ultimate floral lily spring scent (review on this one soon).
I'm always on lip overload when it comes to what I carry in my bag, right now I have:
- Tom Ford Moisturecore Lip Color in Mustique (reviewed here) is such a pretty baby pink that is on the light side but doesn't wash out the complexion.
- Glossier Cherry Balm Dotcom is one of three new flavored lip balms from the line, I ordered immediately and have been obsessed with all of them - if you click this link here you can save 20% off your first purchase.
- Edward Bess Deep Shine Lip Gloss in Lover's Desire is a pretty peachy pink with a rich shine, I love all the glosses I've tried from his line, they add the prettiest healthy gloss to the lips. I like using them on top of lipstick. If you like a cool-nude, Nude Satin is amazing.
- Edward Bess Defining Lip Liner in Natural (swatched here) is my holy grail go with everything neutral, if I were forced to live with one lipliner color the rest of my life this would be it, although his newest shade Barely is pretty awesome too.
- Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint in Goals is a pretty full pigment glossy warm pink (review soon).
- Tom Ford Lips and Boys in Eddie (on the lips here) is a a pretty shimmering cool beige neutral that's easy to throw on for a neutral wash of shimmer.
Lip swatches with Anastasia Vintage as a comparison:
I have two items for the eyes in my bag, the By Terry Mascara is one of my favorites these days because it thickens and lengthens without smudging. Also in my bag is the Edward Bess Illuminating Eye Base in Dune. These come with a twist click packaging and brush applicator at the end. The one I have shown is a brand new one but I keep multiples so I don't run out. It evens out the lids and preps the eyes for powder shadow. It's my holy grail and comes in three colors. Swatched below next to Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick in Rose Gold which I use a lot as an eye base and also next to NARS Concealers in Custard and Ginger as a baseline (full concealer roundup from last fall here). The Edward Bess Eye Bases have a more pink undertone which is exactly what I want on my lids. Yellow concealers match my skin for concealing but on the lids the pink helps neutralize red a bit and evens out without making the face look sallow.
I hope you enjoyed peeking into my bag! Also hope the swatches helped in case you're new to any of the color items I featured. What's in your bag this week? Do you have any favorites you are carrying with you right now?
Press samples featured include the MustaeV Easy Go Brush, Tom Ford Mustique, Edward Bess Natural, Edward Bess Lover's Desire, Lotus Face Mist, Tatcha Indigo Hand Cream, Truffle Clarity Clutch.