The holidays are just around the corner and the next couple of months will be very busy ones. During the holiday season I find myself always gravitating towards warm gold and champagne shimmery shades. They are easy to coordinate with different outfits and makeup looks. I find warm golds and champagne also help brighten and warm up the complexion. Holiday beauty releases are starting to trickle in at Nordstrom and I've teamed up with them to share my some recent holiday beauty discoveries - all gold and champagne themed.
I have my picks split into different categories for lips, eyes, highlighters and nails:
For lips, there are a number of stunning shimmery gold and champagne glosses new this season. I like neutral golds for layering. They can bring a nude lipstick to life or when layered over a brighter pink, peach or red, soften the lips and give them a nice glow.
- Dior Gold Rain is new from the Golden Shock collection which is a sheer but sparkling gold.
- Burberry Nude Glow Lip Glow isn't a new shade but I like to use this one year round. It's a soft gold shimmer.
- NARS Soleil d'Orient is a shimmering champagne that has a slight hint of pink. It's pigmented enough to wear alone but also looks good over nude lipsticks.
- Charlotte Tilbury Ibiza Nights is good for those who want more sparkle, it has the prettiest mix of shimmers but isn't over the top.
- Bobbi Brown Malt Shimmer Lipstick comes in a special-edition gold packaging this holiday which is fun. It's a warm shimmery coppery shade with gold shimmer.
Golds are always in for me. They are neutral but easy to dress up. I like neutral gold eyes because they won't overpower the face if you wear a bolder berry, pink or red lip.
- Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadows are a long-time favorite. I like these applied on the lids with a brush. The pigment is really incredible and easy to layer for more intensity. If you use a damp brush the color transforms into a more intense and more metallic look. Any variation of Armani gold looks good on most skintones, they create some of the prettiest universally flattering shades. My favorite Armani likes to wear Eyes to Kill 6 packed on the lids and combine it with soft peach cheeks and a nude lip, the look is really quite stunning.
- Dior Versailles 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette is a beautiful palette of pale shimmers and one deeper chocolate shimmer. The middle gold shade has a bit of a chunky sparkle which is nice for subtle layering.
- Laura Mercier Rosegold Caviar Stick Eye Color (mini) is another year-round classic. I like this as a base on the lids to help bring out the pigment in shadows. It's also good as a highlighter. Sometimes on lazy days I'll wear this on the lids and just finish with mascara for a no-fuss look.
Gold shimmers and highlighters are a must for me, especially during the holiday. The warmth of the gold ones can enhance the skin naturally and make the complexion look more alive.
- Armani Fluid Sheer 10 is a nice neutral gold. I like this dabbed on top of the cheek bones (after powder, foundation and blush) with a foundation brush to add highlight. It's also good as a cheek base to use underneath blush.
- Bobbi Brown Bronze Glow Highlight Powder is a shimmering warm gold. It feels almost like it has a slight gel texture but it's still a powder. The shimmer on this one is medium-to-high, but not frosty.
- Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow is another good gold highlighter. I like this used all over the face as a primer to illuminate the skin or mixed in with foundation to give it a glow.
Gold and red seem to be the hit shades this holiday for nails. There are a number of different gold polishes, some with glittery effects, others more subtle. I've been playing with three over the weekend.
- Dior Mirror is a sheer white gold shimmer in the special holiday packaging. It has a transparent quality with two coats, I prefer three with this one.
- Guerlain Coque D'Or Night at the Opera is a neutral gold shimmer (this one is my favorite).
- Bobbi Brown Scotch is an interesting warm copper sparkle. It has smooth even coverage with two coats but the color is primarily sparkle.
Left to right: Guerlain, Dior and Bobbi Brown
What are your favorite colors to wear during the holiday? Do you have any favorite gold or champagne makeup shades or do you prefer the more dramatic plums and reds?
Thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post.