Dior has some new shades of the Dior Vernis Gel-Shine Long Wear Nail Lacquer out this summer. I have four that I picked out and have swatches to share today. Two of the shades are from the Tie-Dye Collection for Summer 2015 in Sunkissed #239 and Sunwashed #319. The other two are Dior.com exclusives from the Peter Philips Collection called NYC Peach #130 and BKLYN Pink #560 (all $27 each for 10 ml/.33 fl oz).
The four shades are all on the lighter or neutral side, I ordered all of these sight unseen although by now the Summer Collection shades should be readily available at all Dior counters.
- NYC Peach is a light medium peach cream with a very tiny hint of shimmer
- BKLYN Pink is a medium neutral rose pink that pulls slightly cool-toned
- Sunkissed is a soft light peach with a subtle brightening effect
- Sunwashed is a light summery yellow cream
On me, NYC Peach is very similar to Sunkissed. They are almost identical. NYC Peach is darker by maybe 1/2 to 3/4 a shade. By comparison Sunkissed almost looks pinkish when you put them side by side. Of course, I can't pick between the two. They both go on super smooth and give the hands a brightened effect which I find is rare with peachy cream shades. They are both beautiful colors, I don't think you need both.
A few close ups along with finger swatches. All swatches have two coats of the nail polish:
A full nail wheel of comparison swatches:
- Chanel Rose Confidential (discontinued)
- Chanel Mimosa (discontinued, from summer 2011)
- Chanel Les Beiges Le Vernis shades in Beige Rose, Beige Pur, Precious Beige and Lovely Beige (new, review will be posted soon)
- Tom Ford Show Me The Pink (review here, it's been brought back!)
- Tom Ford Toasted Sugar (swatched here)
- Dior Abricot (was a Sephora exclusive, discontinued)
- Chanel Intention (review here)
- Chanel Emprise (review here, discontinued)
- Chanel Inattendu (discontinued)
- Chanel Tendresse (discontinued)
- Dior Incognito (swatched here)
I've never been a fan of yellow nail polishes, but Sunwashed is a fun color that's different and light. It is unique and I think appropriate for summer even for the nail polish wearers that wear neutrals - I think it's fun on the toes. For peach colors, both Sunkissed and NYC Peach are phenomenal colors. If you're like me, you probably find many peach colors pull brown or warm on the skin and can make the hands look sallow. Both of the new Dior shades have a good mix of white and bright in them that bring life to the hands while still looking peachy. BKLYN Pink didn't impress me as much when I first applied it. It grew on me as the week progressed. I think it's a fairly standard pink rose color. I would have loved it if it had some shimmer mixed in or if it was a bit brighter in color. In direct sunlight it looks lovely and bright. In regular light it's a bit dull-looking (at least on me).
Although Sunkissed and NYC Peach are very similar, I give them both a huge thumbs up. In terms of formula, all of these performed true to Dior's classic high quality style. Two coats will cover the nail fully and the formula is ultra smooth free of any streaks. Lasting power is very good on me, similar to that of Chanel which lasts 5+ days without tip wear as long as I use a good base and top coat. (My favorite tried and true here.)
You can find the Summer 2015 Nail Lacquers in Sunkissed and Sunwashed at all Dior counters now. Online at Nordstrom, Macy's, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, and Dior.com.
NYC Peach and BKLYN Pink are exclusive to Dior.com.
It appears all the shades are limited-edition. Have you checked out any of these yet? What did you think? Did you splurge on any of the colors?