About Sabrina and The Beauty Look Book
Welcome to The Beauty Look Book blog! This blog is dedicated to to featuring mid to high-end luxury beauty products including cosmetics, fragrances, home scents, skincare and body products. I started The Beauty Look Book in 2009 while I was completing my master's degree in finance and marketing. My studies in business plan development, product innovation and social media marketing inspired me to launch this blog as a creative outlet to share my passion for beauty, fashion and photography.
This blog focuses primarily on product reviews with swatches, detailed product comparisons and personal thoughts on what I've tested. For more about me, you can read a few interviews on Barney's The Window, Feather Factor and Makeup and Beauty Blog.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can we follow you?
What's your skintone?
I have medium-toned olive skin. My favorite foundation was Chanel Shell Teint Innocence (sometimes Beige in the summer). Since it was discontinued I've fallen in love with Dolce and Gabbana Warm 100 Powder Foundation, Tom Ford Foundation Stick #5 Natural or #4 Bisque and still am a huge fan of most Chanel foundations (usually Beige 30).
What kind of camera do you use?
Since the start of my blog I've used four cameras and also use my iPhone for some photographs. Most of the photos on this blog have been shot by me. The cameras I've used:
- From 2009 until May 2013 I used a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-N1 Carl Zeiss 8.1 Mega Pixel digital camera
- Starting 2011 some photographs were taken with an iPhone 4S and 5S
- Starting May 2013 I started shooting with a Sony NEX-6L/B
- Starting late August of 2014, I added another camera to my collection and started shooting photographs with a Canon PowerShot G16 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera
Where else do you post?
I am a member of The Purse Forum (Lina), Makeupalley (Lina) and Specktra.net (Sabrilina).
What are your favorite brands? Holy grail items?
My tastes are constantly evolving. As I have transitioned from my late 20's to 30's I've grown to love more color in my weekly beauty routine although I still go for what's natural and classic with a modern twist. My favorite brands right now include:
- For cosmetics and color: Chanel, Tom Ford, NARS, Edward Bess
- For skincare: a mix of SK-II, Koh Gen Do, Tatcha, Clé de Peau
- For body care: L'Occitane, Neutrogena, Diptyque
- For fragrance: L'Artisan, Frederic Malle and Diptyque
You can contact me via e-mail at email@example.com (I still check my other address, firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I hope you find helpful tips and reviews and leave feeling inspired!