I discovered quite a few new favorites in August it was difficult to narrow down my list to under 20 items. My Sony NEX-6L/B just broke right after photographed my monthly favorites along with some new items from Tom Ford Fall and Edward Bess. It will take 2-3 weeks for me to get it back after it goes to the repair center. As a blogger and photographer, I really should have more than one camera for times just like this. I called up my brother to ask for a camera recommendation. I wanted something that was super easy to use, easy to hold, affordable and compact. He said hands down buy something from the Canon G Series - after doing a few hours of research and watching several videos, I ordered a Canon PowerShot G16 as my second camera. I took my first photos with it for the Tom Ford Black Cherry post and am so impressed with the image quality and functions. Many of you have asked me for more info on my cameras, as soon as the Sony gets back from repair, I'll do a post on both to compare. If you have any camera favorites I'd love to hear what you love. I hope to upgrade to an SLR by the end of the year.
Onto my favorites for the month of August:
- Truffle Privacy Clutch in Blush has become a favorite for a classic, sleek and compact clutch. It's super sturdy and extremely well made. Use code LABORDAY for free US shipping through Monday. (Review and more photos here.)
- Clare Vivier Wallet Clutch is another new favorite, it's the compact version (measures 8" x 5") of their regular Flat Clutch (measures 11.5" x 7") making it perfect as a change purse that will also hold a lipstick, business cards, and keys.
- West Elm Acrylic Trays are a new discovery for me. I've been a huge fan of their Lacquer Trays (we have them all over the house). I'm thrilled West Elm made one that is high quality at an affordable price. Huge thumbs up (they come in the square and rectangle options).
- YSL Volupté Sheer Candy has been a go-to this summer, I almost always have one in my bag or purse with me. (Review on new shades here.)
- Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black is a favorite darker scent. It will be perfect as we transition to fall and suitable to wear through winter. (Full review here.)
- YSL Gris Deco has been the most commented-on polish I've worn all month. It was amazing how many people asked me "what nail polish are you wearing?" It has this unique mix of blue in it to make you wonder if it's blue, grey or white. I love it for a super polished look that's not too pale. (Swatches and review here.)
- Diptyque Figuier is one of my favorite Diptyque scents. I never tire of it no matter what the season is. I'm particularly fond of it in fall/winter. It's a warming soothing scent that completely lifts one's mood. It's super relaxing and lush. (Cleaning and recycle tutorial here, find the 411 on size options here.)
- Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad in Nude Dip sold out online within a few hours, I still haven't seen it pop up on Nordstrom or Bloomingdales yet, there is a possibility some other retailers might re-stock. You will have to do a bit of calling around to locate one but it's definitely worth the extra effort. I'd recommend calling Neiman Marcus Fashion Island or Beverly Hills to see if they have any left. (Review soon.)
- Guerlain Cils D'Enfer Waterproof Mascara is something I've been obsessed with for a few months now. I discovered this one thanks to The RaeViewer's channel (if she loves it, I usually end up loving it too). It really stays put, doesn't smudge, has a deep lush black finish and doesn't make the lashes look crunchy. (My review here.)
- Garance Doré x Rifle Paper is one of the cutest collections I've seen for stationary. I love the chic designs, they have cards that are really fun. They make great gifts, I know my friends have loved the notepads and birthday cards.
- L'Occitane Hand Cream Pouch has been selling out very quickly (it's a steal!), I managed to buy three sets when they restocked a couple weeks ago, it looks like it just sold out again, but I recommend you keep checking, I expect they will restock again.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Almond Concealer is an exact match for me. I'm thrilled they expanded their color options. I hope they do the same for foundations as well, I just tested a couple and fell head over heels with two of the formulas (my wallet is crying now). (Swatches here.)
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow has been a staple duo this month. The line will launch in a few days in the US. (I'm so excited!) I am still photographing the two sets I ordered from the UK. Reviews will be posted as soon as possible.
- Edward Bess Illuminating Eyeshadow Base is one of my holy grail eye bases. (My thoughts here and here.)
- Kat Von D Ink Liner has seriously made my life easier when it comes to liquid liner. (Review here.) You can't beat the ease of use, color, pigment, and quality at an affordable price.
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in Raquel is my new favorite nude pink. It's literally everything I have ever wanted for that perfect nude pink lip color. I can't always pull off nudes on the lips because they often look so pale. This one is absolutely perfect. It's a good nude pink that doesn't wash out the complexion. (Swatches here.)
What have been your favorites this past month?