I shared my favorite bronzers and illuminators with you last year in my Summer Glow post. There are a number of new bronzers and glowy products out this year that I've been testing lately that I wanted to share with you. Two have made the favorites list again this year. I've split this year's post into two categories: glow and bronze. For me the two aren't necessarily separate, I like to mix, blend and layer products to create a custom natural bronze or subtle glow. All of these work well with my normal combination sensitive skin (no break outs or reactions to these).
- RMS Living Luminizer is one of those cult classic products. I've long resisted because after feeling it a few times in stores thought it would be too greasy for my normal/combination skin. I finally caved after a few friends demanded I give it a try. It is one of the most dewy and glowy highlighters I own but it does miraculously give a natural healthy sheen. It has barely any color on my medium skin and isn't too pale to give a sharp white contrast. It just gives a subtle sheen. I like this under blush or over it to add a bit of glow. I dab it on very lightly with fingers.
- NARS Illuminator in 413 Blkr (review here) is a lovely champagne colored highlighter that isn't too pale or too yellow, it's gorgeous mixed in with foundation or used as a highlighter
- Edward Bess All Over Seduction in Afterglow is one of my holy grail highlighters, it's perfect for medium-tanned skin beauty lovers who are looking for a good neutral highlighter that isn't pale, I use it as an eye base, on the cheeks, on the temples, I've hit pan on this twice, it's a must-have with gorgeous shimmer and non-greasy finish, it's perfection
- NARS Illuminator in Hot Sand is new for summer, also limited-edition, I had to wait several weeks for this one, it sold out at all the counters near me so I ordered online, if you haven't checked this one out, I recommend it, it's a unique gorgeous peachy shimmer that dries down to a non-dewy finish (so it stays put)
- Tom Ford Skin Illuminator in Fire Lust is repromoted this year, it sold out in the blink of an eye last year, if you missed out the first round, you have a chance to buy it this year (but with a white cap), I'm about half-way through mine from last year, it's extremely pricey but worth every penny (review last year here)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light made the list again this year, it's a sheer glowy powder with tiny micro sparkle particles but looks very natural on the skin, I recommend using a cream base (highlight or blush) underneath to help the color adhere better, once it does you get a lovely natural glow (also available in the palette/trio reviewed here)
- Chanel Les Beiges Multi-Colour No. 02 (review here) if you're looking for something new this summer, this is the bronzer to buy, it's soft and natural and for me, it's back-up worthy
- Chanel Blush Creme in Cheeky is a new blush creme from the summer collection, I thought it would be too similar to Destiny but it proved to be more pink and neutral
- Armani Liquid Summer Bronzer (review here) is a nice darker liquid bronzer, if you like a layerable fluid bronzer, I recommend this one (although if you have the classic Bronze Universel by Chanel, you don't need this one because the color is similar)
- MAC Extra Dimension Bronzer in Aphrodite's Shell and Delphic are both part of the Alluring Aquatic collection (both limited-edition). These are on the more subtle end of bronzers with a unique satiny-matte texture. They are buildable and with a slightly harder texture which makes these easy to layer on softly. They also adhere well to the skin and don't budge once applied. I adore both shades and prefer Delphic because it's more dramatic but they are both gorgeous. I would highly recommend acting fast with these, I'm surprised they are still available online and at counters.
More close ups in case you want to see the texture and shimmer in more detail:
There are a number of classic products such as NARS Multiples, Armani Fluid Sheers and all sorts of bronzers and highlighters that I adore. These are some that have been on my radar for a while (new ones along with tried and true).
What's in your beauty rotation right now for bronzers or highlighters?