Tatcha has designed a special Okasan Mother's Day Gift Set ($135) this year containing a full-sized Gold Camellia Moisturizing Lip Balm, Gold Camellia Beauty Oil, and one sheet of their Luminous Deep Hydration Lifting Mask and a small box of Japanese candy from Kyoto. It comes in a beautifully packaged white box and indigo/gold wrapping paper. As usual, everything from the contents, design, personal note are true to Tatcha form - exquisitely packaged with no detail missed.
My mom fell in love with beautiful design and packaging of the Gold Camellia Lip Balm when I purchased it back in January. Although Tatcha kindly sent this set to me for review, I thought it fitting to gift this set to my mother as an introduction to the brand since I have already tried 2 of the 4 items in the set. As a quick intro, I'm in my early 30's with normal but sensitive skin prone to occasional break outs. My mother is in her mid 50's and has normal but flawless skin. She describes her skin as normal but oily in the T-zone. I'm fortunate to live only 10 minutes away from my mom so we spent a few days playing with this set on a few occasions. Our thoughts below (we both loved the Japanese candy).
Deep Hydration Lifting Mask comes in individually at $28 each or a set of 4 for $95. I'm really happy this came in the set for my mom to try. I received a sample several months ago with an online order (Tatcha has really good samples with online orders) and it's an amazing sheet mask. It comes with two mesh linings on each side that you remove and then leave on the face for at least 15 minutes. It has a cooling sensation that hydrates and makes the skin feel like you just had a spa facial.
- My thoughts: This is a spa in a packet, my face is left feeling fully refreshed and hydrated.
- My mom's thoughts: It has a nice soothing light scent, it has a slightly tingly feeling, my face does feel nicely hydrated after use.
Camellia Nourishing Lip Balm is an exquisitely packaged lip treatment with gold leaf.
- My thoughts: You can read my review here, it has a nice soft sweet scent.
- My mom's thoughts: It's too pretty to use, I don't want to ruin the gold leaf but I like that it feels lightweight and non-stick on the lips.
Camellia Beauty Oil is one of those oils reaching cult-status. It's a light and rich beauty oil designed for the face, hair and body. It has Licorice Extract to calm the skin, lightly scented with young Bamboo and Green Tea fragrances. We both adore this oil.
- My thoughts: This was my first time trying the Tatcha Beauty Oil, I was pleasantly surprised that everything my readers have been telling me about this one is true. It has a sweet fruity scent upon first application but the scent and oil both absorb quickly into the skin. I love the light feeling moisturizing feel and it leaves the face feeling hydrated - perfect for summer.
- My mom's thoughts: This is a really nice oil and makes the skin feel like the hydration has been restored. I like that it's really lightweight and absorbs into the skin, it's perfect for the warm weather.
This set is hands-down winner in both our books. (I have the face mask replenishments and camellia oil on order for myself already.) If you want to order this set, you can find it now online at Tatcha.com. Individual items are also available for purchase via Tatcha.com and Barneys New York. Be sure to follow Tatcha on Facebook - they have a fun interactive contest/giveaway for the Mother's Day Set.
Have you tried Tatcha yet? What are your favorites so far?
This post contains items sent courtesy of Tatcha for review. All opinions are our own. For more information refer to my Disclosure Policy.