The top 13 beauty discoveries of 2013 from The Beauty Look Book (reviews from the past year are linked for each item listed):
- Caudalie Divine Oil - my absolute favorite beauty discovery this year
- By Terry Baume de Rose - pure luxury for the lips, worth every penny
- Drybar The Chaser Shine Pomade - my holy grail hair product to add shine, remove frizz, long lasting and smells amazing, my husband also loves this for his hair
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder - the perfect answer to glowing skin and my second favorite discovery this year
- Urban Decay Naked3 Palette - lovely rose-gold neutrals
- Chanel Taboo Le Vernis - a dramatic purple with red and silver shimmers, The Beauty Look Book's second most popular post from 2013
- Dior Diablotine Le Vernis - the most striking intense coral red shimmer
- Tom Ford Illuminating Cheek Colors - unfortunately these were released in very limited quantities, but close alternatives you can get right now are MAC Magnetic Nude Skinfinishes in Magnetic Appeal and Fairly Precious
- Edward Bess Black Sea Mousse Foundations - I've mixed Light and Medium to get a good match, I've found that this is indeed the perfect full coverage foundation that gives a flawless airbrushed look that still manages to look natural, I truly hope Edward releases this to all his counters and in more shades (it was a QVC exclusive that sold out almost instantly)
- Chanel Les Beiges Powders - my favorite is 20 for all over, 30 and 40 work wonders for natural contouring and adding a soft glow of color to the face
- Diptyque 10-Piece Set - special release this holiday and the perfect way to try multiple scents at a more affordable price than buying the full sizes of each candle
- YSL Rouge Volupte Shines - my favorite lipsticks of the year for and The Beauty Look Book's most popular post from 2013
- Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Initiation - holiday 2013 release and the perfect bronze shimmer
I am thankful from the bottom of my heart for each and every one of my readers. You inspire me every week with your thoughtful and insightful comments/e-mails/tweets. I can't express enough how appreciative I am for those of you who take the time to share your expertise and add your input to my weekly features. Your experiences, tips and tricks help others like myself figure out what works or how to make things work better. Thank you for following my blog and for your support.
What were your top beauty discoveries this year?