I've been traveling for several days to San Francisco for a mini vacation. If you follow me via Instagram @beautylookbook you will see some snapshots of my travels around the city. More on some trip highlights to come soon here and on Styled Notes. Several of you have emailed me asking for a post on what I brought with me on my trip. I left for four days so I didn't need much. However as usual I overpacked. The items I picked were fairly basic and versatile for a day to night look. Our trip was fairly laid back so I didn't need to bring things different from what I normally wear for everyday.
This is what I brought with me in a Tom Ford Brush Holder and Bobbi Brown Train Case (both not available now, but previously released with sets or for holidays):
- Skincare: mini sized items of Chanel makeup remover, Le Jour, Le Nuit, Sublimage cream and Le Blanc toner, a mini size of SK-II cleanser
- Tools: a variety of MAC, Tom Ford and Chanel brushes, Chanel eyelash curler, Chanel Le Coton, Q-tips
- Eyes: Le Metier de Beaute Carnaby Street Kaleidoscope, RMS Beauty Solar Cream Shadow, Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara Excess, Chanel Santal Eyeliner
- Lips: Tom Ford Love Bruise Lipgloss, Armani Lipglosses, Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Caprice, YSL Rouge Volupte Candy, Chanel Rouge Coco Shines, Tom Ford Spanish Pink Lipstick, Chanel Nude Lipliner (I know it makes no sense to bring this many lip products on a trip, but it always happens)
- Face: Tom Ford Foundation Stick #5, NARS Groenland Tinted Moisturizer, Cle de Peau Concealer, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (more on this soon, but I love this!), Edward Bess Bronzer, Chanel Soho Powder, two MAC blushes in Poised and Barefaced, Chanel Les Beiges Powder, Edward Bess Sunlight Cream Highlighter
- Hair: Mason Pearson Comb and Moroccan Oil
Did I use everything? Almost, but not quite. Items I found myself using the most included the basics. For color I used Chanel Rouge Coco Shines and Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss a lot. Edward Bess Daydream Bronzer was used everyday along with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. I used the one eyeshadow palette as well for Le Metier de Beaute Carnaby Street. The MAC blushes were the perfect shade of nude to go with virtually everything (I layered a lot).
What I could have skipped: the Tom Ford lipstick and Armani lipglosses
What I missed: my flat iron, hair dryer and normal shampoo, conditioner and shower gels (but mainly relied on hotel amenities), also shimmery fluid highlighters I couldn't bring because of travel size restrictions
What beauty items do you usually bring with you when you travel?