Dior Iridescent Leather (#539) 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette was released as a limited-edition item for fall 2008 with the Dandy Lady collection. It is possibly one of the most glorious beautiful palette of shimmery neutrals that has ever been released. I know many have pined over this one if they missed out. The good news is that this is back for a limited time in very limited quantities. It's available now in the US as an exclusive to the Dior Boutique in Vegas at the Palazzo, Saks stores and Saks.com (check the drop-down function online).
The palette now retails for $60 for 6g/0.21 oz (back in 2008, it retailed for $54). All the shades are highly metallic but still easy to wear. On me it's a warmer neutral, but on darker skins this pulls more cool-toned. I haven't done a side-by-side swatch comparison of the original versus the new, but the shades do appear to be identical (they also have the same number).
Since I've already featured this before, I won't be re-doing detailed swatches. I did however try to pull a few comparisons to shades from Urban Decay's Naked palettes. I could not find any dupes but you can probably get a similar effect with Urban Decay Sin, Virgin, Suspect, YDK and Darkhorse.
For additional reference, here are some prior posts that might help along with some swatches/photos from other blogs/sites:
- Here is Iridescent Leather compared to Edward Bess Cosmic Bliss
- Here is Iridescent Leather compared to Dior Earth Reflection and Dior Rosy Tan
- Swatches are featured on Karla Sugar
- Swatched on darker skin at Makeup and Beauty Blog
- Additional reviews on Makeupalley
Quantities are very limited to (I recommend you buy sooner than later):
- The Dior Boutique in Vegas at the Palazzo ask for Massiel at (702)-734-1102
- Saks stores and Saks.com (check the drop-down function online)