As promised, a comparison between Rose Envolée 31 (from Le Blanc, an Asia Exclusive Collection and Nordstrom Anniversary 2011 Exclusive) & Éclosion 34 (from Spring 2012). The underlying theme of both quads seems to be similar. Rose Envolée 31 is more pink/cool while Éclosion 34 is more peachy/warm. Do you need both? I don't think so, but since Rose Envolée was limited to Nordstrom for a short time so other counters did not have this quad to show customers a side-by-side comparison.
Those new to Chanel might ask why one quad has round pans while the other square. The round-pan quads are made for distribution in Europe, Asia and Canada (I think) while the square-pan quads are made for distribution in the US. Other differences:
- baked formula which means a harder texture
- typically more chalky in finish
- comes with white tipped applicators
- net weight is 1.2 g / .04 oz
- more finely milled smoother finish
- comes with black sponge applicators
- typically more pigmented and non-chalky
- net weight is 6.8 g / .24 oz
Both Rose Envolée 31 vs. Éclosion 34 were made in France. Some of my other quads have been made in USA. Swatches below:
My preference has always been for the US formula, so if I could only have one, it would hands down be Éclosion. It's warmer but not too warm.