I just received news that Edward Bess will be making a personal appearance at the Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills store this Thursday and Friday, July 28th & 29th. He plans to be at the store both days from around noon to 6 pm. You can call the counter for more details and information (310) 550-5900, ask for Leah or Jaime (the lovely girls who manage the counter).
I've reviewed quite a few items (refer to the EB tag at the bottom), but if you want to know what are my top 5 picks for right now, be sure to check out the following:
- Sheer Satin Foundation $60 - I wear Beige and unfortunately used mine up before I had time to do a proper review on this. Beige is the equivalent of in between MAC NC30-35 or a Chanel Shell. If you remember Shu Uemura's Nobara Cream foundation - EB's is 100 times better (in my opinion). I've been told it has a built-in primer. I need to replenish as soon as I use up a few of my others.
- Daydream Bronzer $48 - This is summer perfection. It's the bronzer of all bronzers which gives the most beautiful natural healthy glow. There is a subtle shimmer in this that adds dimension to the skin. Daydream is the lighter shade which I prefer. It's the bronzer for both bronzer-fanatics (like me) and also perfect for the woman who is scared of bronzer. (See reviews here and also at Cafe Makeup.)
- Sunlight All Over Seduction $38 - While this may seem pricey for the tiny compact, a little goes a long way and it gives a luminous natural glow without getting greasy (even though it's cream). I saw this applied on women of different ages and skin/hair colors when at Beverly Hills, it's magical. (See reviews here and also comparisons at Cafe Makeup.)
- Compact Rouge in Island Rose $38 - Natural healthy pink flush that's a life-saver in times when I'm super rushed because it has a suitable texture for both lips and cheeks. Works on both warm and cool skintones. Jaime applied this on my friend who is fair with pinkish tones (think Liv Tyler's skin coloring) and she glowed. See my reviews here, but I really recommend you try it out yourself.
- Luxury Eye Brush $40 - This review says it all here. It's the most dense of it's kind compared to other brands. Also check out The Non-Blonde's review.
I can't emphasize enough how lovely the EB team is. Edward did an amazing job in picking the most lovely artists and has trained them well. Every woman at the counter looked amazing and glowing whether it was Edward, Jaime or Leah who did their makeup. If you can't make it in the next few days, don't fret. I hear there will be more appearances in the future and I will do my best to keep you updated.
P.S. For those who haven't been to the Beverly Hills Neimans before, if you enter the store from the Jo Malone entrance, walk straight to the back toward the right and you'll see Edward's counter.