New Year's Eve is only a few nights away! I'm keeping it low-key this year with family but it's still fun to get dressed up in the spirit. This year I'm in the mood for those high metallic, chrome-like/foil-like colors on the nails which is out of the ordinary for me as I'm not the biggest fan of those high-shine metallics. I end up feeling like an ornament or metal statue, but for NYE I think it's fun. My picks (which I am still trying to decide on) include:
- Dior Timeless Gold (Holiday 2010) reviewed here
- Dior Silver Pearl (Last Spring 2010) reviewed here
- YSL Pink Gold #140 (Holiday 2010) reviewed here
- YSL Gold #139 (Holiday 2010) reviewed here
- MAC Soirée (Holiday 2010)
- OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous (Swiss Collection, Fall 2010)
- Rococo Nail Apparel R2T2 (can be found in the US at Space NK) reviewed here
- Rococo Nail Apparel Metal Jacket (can be found in the US at Space NK reviewed here
The fun part about metallic nails is how the colors change depending on the light and how you move your fingers. I love how these have rich pigment and the metallic finish pearl particles make these dry really fast and last long. The formulas of these have a semi-matte finish, not quite like the OPI suede colors, but not like a shiny varnish either. I always love the colors in the bottles, but what goes on the nails is sometimes too intense for my personal taste.
Close ups and on the nails, Dior Timeless Gold, Dior Silver Pearl, YSL #140, YSL #139:
Close ups and on the nails, MAC Soiree, OPI lucerne-tainly look marvelous, Rococo R2T2, Rococo Metal Jacket:
I have too many options and can't decide! Maybe you can help me pick :) Of course it will depend on what I'm wearing. I have a few outfits picked out which are versatile and will go with any of these nail colors.