I've already featured some product photos and reviews on Pure Impulse Lipstick and Soft Whisper Lipgloss in previous posts, so today, I'll bring you a lip swatch of the two used together.
For those who haven't read those reviews, here is the run-down on Edward Bess Lipsticks & Lipglosses:
* Pure Impulse Lipstick - This is one of my holy grail nudes. Note that "nude" is subject to interpretation, but for me it's a natural beigey-nude that enhances my natural lip color but better in a light-nude way. Edward Bess lipsticks are full coverage, rich and creamy. They blend on the lips like a dream. There is a slight fig scent which I don't mind. Another surprising find, since my nose is ultra-sensitive. The lipsticks have a natural slightly glossy finish making them non-flat looking.
* Soft Whisper Lipgloss - This is equally pretty in my opinion. I find beauty in simplicity. It's a pretty beige color without shimmer. It's slightly warmer than Pure Impulse - but very close in color. Just not quite as nude. The pigment is medium with a slightly sticky finish, but not overly so. His lipglosses also have a fig-scent.
Granted, some may find these boring. But all I can say is that I love this lip combination. It's simple, classic, easy to wear and coordinates well with other shades. Can they be easily replicated with other brands? Perhaps, but I love that I can wear Pure Impulse by itself without feeling the need to tweak the color with a different shade of liner or gloss. Soft Whisper compliments the lipstick perfectly adding shine and a bit more depth.
A few notes before you read on:
* I have received mixed reviews on swatches. Please take them with a grain of salt! I am not an expert at swatching or photographing swatches.
* Some of you like the swatches and some of you have asked me to stop swatching. There lies the blogger's dilemma - what to do when you received mixed feedback?
* This lip-swatch article is my compromise-solution for requests on full-face photos.
Please bear with me while I try to figure out how to best photograph lip swatches. Thanks :)
*UPDATE* FYI: I am a Chanel Shell Teint Innocence which is light-medium right now. This is the equivalent of a MAC NC30 but a tad darker, not quite as deep as the NC35 color. YMMV depending on your natural lip tone. For some of my darker medium-skinned friends this isn't quite as peachy as it looks on me and goes on more of a beige with nude/grey base.
Here is Pure Impulse applied alone, no lipliner or gloss:
The Lipstick + Lipgloss:
I used this today with Edward Bess's Daydream Bronzer + Lancome's Miel Glace Blush on the cheeks and it was a pretty natural look! Do note that the cheek products were added after I took these photos, which is why you can't see anything but powder/foundation.
Edward Bess products can be purchased from Bergdorf Goodman or EdwardBess.com in the US.