Bobbi Brown's newest Ivy League collection is centered around a green-colored theme for fall. Today I picked up 2 items: the new Forest Shimmer Ink Gel Liner and Honeysuckle Lip Crayon. Other items in the collection included a new angled eyeshadow brush, a new eyeshadow and 5 other lip crayons.
The other lip crayons were on the brighter/more intense side. If you're a fan of bright rich pinks, you will love Wild Rose and Posey. If you're into nudes, then you'll like Honeysuckle (for a peachy nude) and Dusty Nude (for a nude brown with slight pink). This first round I passed on Dusty Nude because it seemed similar to some other colors I already own but I will be checking back on it again later.
The new e/s brush was nice, but not a must have in my opinion.
Pics, swatches, and comparisons!
Forest Shimmer Ink & Honeysuckle:
Forest Shimmer Ink versus Ivy Shimmer Ink and Clinique Egyptian:
1. Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Eyeliner Ivy Shimmer Ink
2. Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Eyeliner Forest Shimmer Ink
3. Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner Egyptian (now only available in the pencil cream shaper form)
4. MAC Kohl Power Black Karat
5. Nars Eyeliner Kyoto
6. Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil Black Jade
7. Bobbi Brown Lip Crayon Honeysuckle
8. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Belle du Jour
9. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Café Con Leche
10. MAC Cremestick Liner Honey B. (this was recently put on the MAC Goodbyes List, still might be available at local MAC stores and Nordstrom counters - happens to be my HG ylbb nude)
11. MAC Cremestick Liner Summerfruit
12. Bobbi Brown Lip Liner Beige
Like greenish shades? Here are some other green shadows:
1. MAC Lustre Eyeshadow Greensmoke
2. MAC Starflash Eyeshadow Mink & Sable (discontinued, but similar to MAC Sumptuous Olive Eyeshadow)
3. MAC Eyeshadow Saturnal
4. Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Eyeliner Ivy Shimmer Ink
5. Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Eyeliner Forest Shimmer Ink
6. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Rush (has a khaki slight greenish tinge)
7. Bobbi Brown Metallics Trio in Forest Metallics: Sage, Basalm, Forest (note Sage & Forest are available individually)
More green eyeliner swatches:
Color Focus: Smokey Eyes Part 5 (Blues & Greens)