Another great event at Chanel! It's the one line that I've always had great results with at their makeup events. The key is to attend the events with their trained artists who have been in the industry, specifically with Chanel, for a long time. By now, there are a few Chanel artists I have run into at different department store events who have done my makeup multiple times. Each time they create a simple but elegant look and always give me ideas for alternate combinations.
The most recent event I went to was a couple weeks ago, soon after the Naturels and Celestial collections had been released. I asked for a new daytime look, and the artist incorporated items from both collections with these items:
* Sublimage Essential Regenerating Cream in the Universelle Texture
* Sublimage Regenerating Eye Cream
* UV Essentiel SPF 30+
* Le Blanc de Chanel Illuminating Base mixed with Hydramax Active Tinted Lotion in Sand
* Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer in #20
* Poudre Douce Soft Pressed Powder in Rosee
* Tweed Corail + Tweed Pink mixed together
* Soleil de Tan 4 Facettes Bronzing Powder
* Eye Base in Bright
* Soft Touch Eyeshadows in Slate on lid and outer corners + Lily to highlight
* Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadow in Seashore #747 applied over the dry shadows along lash lines
* Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner in Marine (smokey deep navy with a bit of shimmer)
* Mascara (forgot which one she applied)
* Le Crayon Gloss Sheer Lipliner in Clementine
* Aqualumiere Lipstick in Monte Carlo
* Glossimer in Silex
(close up of lip products indoors and outdoors)
I received some samples and a small gift with purchase which included mini jars of the new Sublimage Creams. I have been using it for a couple weeks now and it works wonders for my skin. Still, I'm not sure I will be shelling out the $$$ for a jar. Their new concealer is incredible for under the eyes, the artist showed me the effect when applied under one eye compared to the other and there was a huge difference. I have tried numerous concealers and the only ones I have been happy with are from Laura Mercier. The new Chanel Concealer is excellent, non-cakey, yet gives full coverage and really hides darker under-eye circles.
All the main items are pictured, except the bronzer/skincare/foundation/concealer/eyeliner. The bronzer was pretty - but on the sheer side, it can easily be substituted with another bronzer like Bobbi Brown's Bali Brown or MAC Bronze or MAC Golden. The Marine Eyeliner is pretty, but a basic deep navy shimmer.
The makeup artist also suggested that the new Meteore Glossimer paired with the Tweed Ambre Blush would also compliment the eye colors she picked out for this look.